Thursday 7 April 2011

Take a Leaf out of their book....

What a wonderful day I had on Monday as I said previously. I picked up my friend at 12 noon for our planned lunch. This lady is marvellous , she is 91 years old. Looking very snazzy in her green jumper and matching necklace She greeted me with a wonderful smile. Off we went along the country lanes arriving at our destination at about 12 30pm. The menu as always was superb, roast goose fresh veg and roast potatoes delish...We cleared our plate's , we talked and laughed and I suggested popping in to see another friend of ours on the way home. Now this lady is in her late 70's she has had two hip operation over the years. But last November she fell in her kitchen and broke her leg, she was then air lifted to hospital. OH the pain I just can't imagine.! After about roughly 3 months she was going about her business as usual when she slipped and fell again ouch! this time she broke her other leg and hurt her hip very badly. Once again hospital , that was 5 weeks ago, she was now home. So that's why I suggested giving her a surprise visit, there was a lady helper there to open the door. You should have seen her face she was over the moon to see us, not being able to get out she was feeling quite bored sitting and resting all day. All in all we had a good hearty chat and laugh over a cup of tea. As we left she thanked us so much for popping in and off we went. I waved good bye to my friend as I dropped her off home , but before I left she looked up at me and said "oh thank you Sheila that was a wonderful day, I am so glad we popped in to see Janice". :) The look on their faces will stay with me for a long time.:) Just thought I would share this with you today ..take care and have wonderful week. :)

6 comments:

  1. Bless you Sheila! What a wonderful thing you did for your two old friends. Thank you for brightening my day!

    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. arrrh Sheila, how nice, Its always good when you get surprise visitors, And two special ones at the same time.. I can imagine her face a picture! Its called pay it forwward LOL... and Im all for that one..
    For the rewards always come back 10fold.. Im so happy you both enjoyed your day.. I enjoyed the read very much..
    Hugs to you.. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, I turn my back and you sneak in a post,, and what an interesting one, I couldn't stop wincing when I read about your friend breaking all her bones, just as well she only has two legs or it might go on.;-)
    How satisfying to be able to visit her with your other friend, it must have made her day.]
    That menu sounds good, I've never tasted goose, I had venison the other week for the first time and liked it. I'd been so busy in the garden to-day that I couldn't be bothered cooking properly, so just fried a couple of sausages, and had them with some fresh made bread, there are compensations for living alone, I also want to say thank you for your visits and comments.
    Hugs to Wil-e. XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings....
    good friends are hard to find...cherish them.
    Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a great day and how nice you were to think of your friend like that! You actually made me hungry! Lol! Love your pictures! So you live in the UK? I have so many online friends from there and I love them very much! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Times like this are what makes life good isn't it? Your thoughtfulness made two ladies very happy, and in return I know that made you happy too :) xx

    ReplyDelete