Wednesday 13 October 2010

Leader of The Band

Garden Fete's I think most of us all at one time been to a Garden Fete. I remember one in particular way back in the early sixties a mere teen or just about. Mum Granny and friends all got dressed up and set out to enjoy a lovely Fete. There where the usual stalls and memorable of all A band was playing on the Grandstand. I gazed across and I there I noticed a very handsome looking lad tall dark with a twinkle in his eye. Sitting at the front playing his trombone wow...I just stood there speachless mum nudged me "you ok" yes Mum I replied. I wore a lovely pink and white dress They used to call them twist dressess because the bottom flaired out , I loved it and my hair was up in a bun. A little while later..
I drifted up towards the drink tent for a (Lemonade I exspect) and a voice behind me said hello how are you, as I spun round knocking my drink in the air. I relized it was him I was just speechless all over again I don't remember the words we shared , but that was the Lovely day the day I fell for the leader of the band...
I do have a photo somwhere but heaven knows where it is if I do find it I will post it here.

4 comments:

  1. So, he 'caught your eye' Sheila? and what a wonderful memory. He sounds marvelous, I'll look forward to seeing the photo. xPenx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this continuing story of your life Sheila. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHHHH that was nice, but I wonder what happened to him, I thought you were going to say that's how I met my husband. that would have been nice, There's nothing quite like first love is there, the pain, the fluttering heart the expectation. sigh, takes me back. Lovely story Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I wonder but alas no romantic story I think I was only 13/14 years old. Thank you Arlene , Beth And Pen your comments are much appreciated

    ReplyDelete